Monday, December 27, 2010

2011 is almost here and Venison Casserole.

Lets start with Venison Casserole.

Here is the original recipe which I found online...

1 1/2 lbs. ground venison (may substitute ground beef)
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 tbsp. butter
1 (16 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 tsp. sugar
8 oz. pkg. noodles
1 c. cottage cheese
3 oz. pkg. cream cheese
1/4 c. sour cream
1/4 c. chopped green onion
1/4 c. chopped green pepper
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
2 tbsp. melted butter
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese


Brown venison and onions in butter. Stir in tomato sauce and sugar; set aside. Boil noodles according to package directions; drain.
Combine cheeses, sour cream, green onions, green pepper, salt, pepper and garlic powder and set aside. Butter a 3 quart casserole dish; pour in half the mixture, layer half of the noodles, cover with all of the cheese mixture.
Top with remaining noodles; pour melted butter over casserole. Top with remaining meat sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.


OK the only thing I did differently was, I didn't put the cottage cheese and sour cream in. Only because not everyone around here likes those particular items. It still turned out good. Although, it calls for 8 oz of cream cheese and Wes and I both think that it is way to much. It was like every bite had a mouthful of cream cheese. We love cream cheese but not that much. Not really much to say about the casserole.

2010 is coming to an end. Allot has happened this year. I think everything that has happened to me has been good. Especially my move to Ohio. I needed to get away from New Mexico and be around my people. I do still have friends who I need to visit. When the time is right it will happen. So in 2011 all I can hope for is a healthy family and happiness for everyone. Happy New Year Everybody!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to try it using hamburger and ALL the other ingredients and cooking it in my slow cooker. Sounds scrumpcious.

    ReplyDelete