Friday, February 18, 2011

$3.00

OK, So I have had $3 in my wallet for a few weeks now. Not real sure where it came from. I was cleaning out my wallet and it had just appeared there. I have been wondering what I am going to do with this $3. Well today on the way home from Wal-Mart, I was first in line of a long line of cars. Up ahead there is a person standing with a cardboard sign. Not uncommon to see at the Wal-Mart parking lot. Like most people I just think to myself "get a job". Well today something was urging me to stop and give the man something. I'm racking my brain for something to give this guy trying to think quick before I reach the stop sign where he is standing. I think, "do I just hand him a bag of groceries. I do have a $10 but we need laundry done. What can I give this guy." The feeling of guilt is starting to creap up on me. For some reason I really want to give this guy something. Well I finaly reach him at the stop sign and I reach down for the change from the ashtray and there in the diaper bag is my wallet with the $3 sticking out nice and conveinient for me to quickly give it to this guy. He was extremely grateful and thanked me profusely. As I drive away with a huge silly smile on my face I look in the rear view mirror and most of the line of cars behind me were stopping and giving him something. I said to Christopher "Well look at what mommy started." Whats weird is I didn't use that pocket of my wallet when I was in Wal-Mart. I don't know if Christopher unzipped it or if the zipper was cought on something when I put it down. All I know is I started a line of good deeds today and I feel very good about it. Something inside me just knows that, that man needed that $3 more than I did and who knows how much more he got from the vehicals behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment