Thursday, December 16, 2010

Chili is the topic today.

        My most recent dish that I have cooked was chili. Chili is not a hard dish to make. Like my dear G-G (Grandma) always says, seasonings, seasoning, seasonings. She definitely has a point. If you don't season your food, it will taste bland and just no good. When you make chili it usually will never taste the same twice. At least mine never does. I also don't make my chili from any recipe. I just "wing it" as some would say.  So in this chili that I made I put Kidney beans, corn, diced tomatoes and some chili beans. Oh and of course hamburger. I Seasoned the hamburger before I put it in the chili then I seasoned the chili. I put all kinds of seasonings in my chili. I just season it till it tastes good. That is the most important thing when cooking anything, always taste your food. How are you going to know if it tastes good if you don't taste it? Trust me, if it looks good that doesn't mean its going to taste good. Always, always, always taste your food before serving it. Something as simple as chili is so much fun for me to make. I have such joy when I cook. My mind just wonders and I just go off into my own little land. I may have said that before. I just love cooking.
       Well we are getting paid again so I will be getting some more ingredients for a venison casserole. I'm very excited to make it and see how it comes out. I'll be keeping you posted. Have a wonderful Christmas everyone!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you have your passion back!!! It means a lot to me. You can also use cooking for several subjects in school for Christopher.

    ReplyDelete