Monday, May 9, 2011

Adventure in Plants

     So, I have purchased my first few plants. When I was growing up we didn’t have many plants in the house because, well, my mom doesn’t do so well with plants. She can get real easy plants that don’t need a lot of watering or any maintenance. I have never had plants before. I decided I wanted to see how much of a “green thumb” I have. My first plant I bought was a vine. It is hanging in my dining room just low enough for Wes to bump his head. I have already repotted the vine into a bigger pot that fits my décor. My next plant purchases were two bamboo shoots that came in these pretty green holders and had purple and pink flowers on them. The flowers are fake but it still looks good. I was given an Aloe Vera plant which stays outside for some balcony decoration. Just the other day I bought a hanging mixed spring basket. It has a few different types of flowers in it. Its really pretty but it really doesn’t have a spot yet because it needs sun and my apartment doesn’t get ANY sun at all. So I have it out on the balcony during the day and bring it in at night. With the spring basket I bought a couple plants that are called “Succulent Dish Garden”. It is just a small little dish that has a variety of different little plants and they are VERY low maintenance. They would work very well with my mother. J It is also covered in rocks as well. I hope all goes well with my plants and I do plan on getting more. Wish me luck with my “Adventure in Plants”.
These first two are my Succulent garden dishes.

These are my two bamboo shoots

My beautiful vine.
Spring flower basket
Last is my Aloe vera
 

1 comment:

  1. These really are beautiful plants. And no, I do not have a green thumb. not even a light green. So good luck!! Maybe you'll take after your grandma.

    ReplyDelete